TENSE CHART WITH EXAMPLES


 

                 Tenses are verb forms (went, go, will go) which English speakers use to talk about the past, present, and future in their language. There are twelve verb tense forms in English as well as other time expressions. For English learners, knowing how to use English tenses can be quite a challenge. Never fear. Chandra Study Room will help you to learn it like a native speaker. Let's get started!

                                                  Verb Tense Chart

Simple Present

Simple Past

Simple Future

I study English every day.

Two years ago, I studied English in England.

If you are having problems, I will help you study English.


Present Continuous

Past Continuous

Future Continuous

I am studying English now.

I was studying English when you called yesterday.

I will be studying English when you arrive tonight.


Present Perfect

Past Perfect

Future Perfect

I have studied English in several different countries.

I had studied a little English before I moved to the U.S.

I will have studied every tense by the time I finish this course.


Present Perfect Continuous

Past Perfect Continuous

Future Perfect Continuous

I have been studying English for five years.

I had been studying English for five years before I moved to the U.S.

I will have been studying English for over two hours by the time you arrive.


Look at the verb tense chart above. Do you see how it is arranged? It tells you a lot about how English speakers understand time. There are four present tenses, four past tenses, and four future tenses.

There are also three simple tenses, three continuous tenses, three perfect tenses and three perfect continuous tenses. These groupings can help you learn how English verb tenses are used.

For example, all simple tenses have similar uses. Perfect tenses also behave in the same way. Keep this in mind while reading verb tense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CG BOARD 30 GRAMMAR QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER

2020 CG board paper solved

NOTICE WRITING